A few weeks ago we received this interesting project from Will O’Brien who is a first year Graphic Design student at Leeds Arts University. The project entitled 5×5 Posters in which Will asked 5 designers who inspire him as part of the brief for a personal and professional practice module. In this class Will was directed to research five different points which included:
– 5 designers that we are interested in/ inspired by.
– 5 events I have took part in this year
– 5 pieces of advice we have gained from speaking to graphic designers, interviews online etc
– 5 aims that I have and want to achieve in my graphic design career.
– 5 creative strategies that can be used to produce work.
Words from Will regarding the project: “With the information that I have gather I had to produce a publication in anyway that I wanted that would deliver my research in a style that was suited to a way that I work. I used a mixture of medias in each poster that I created this raging from collage, hand painted typography, bitmapping images and digital type. I choose newspaper to print on because I think it compliments the textures and roughness of the piece. It adds that additional layer of a time stamp which I think gives the character it has.”
You can follow the work of Will on his Instagram: @obrien.arts