5×5 Posters by Will O’Brien
A few weeks ago we received this interesting project from Will O’Brien who is a first year Graphic Design student at Leeds Arts University. The project entitled 5×5 Posters in which Will asked 5 designers who inspire him as part of the brief for a personal and professional practice module. In this class Will was directed to research five different points which included:
– 5 designers that we are interested in/ inspired by.
– 5 events I have took part in this year
– 5 pieces of advice we have gained from speaking to graphic designers, interviews online etc
– 5 aims that I have and want to achieve in my graphic design career.
– 5 creative strategies that can be used to produce work.
Jamie Reid (England)
Bráulio Amado (Portugal)
Keith Kitz (USA)
Peter Bankov (Czech Republic)
Christopher Scott (Ecuador)
Words from Will regarding the project: “With the information that I have gather I had to produce a publication in anyway that I wanted that would deliver my research in a style that was suited to a way that I work. I used a mixture of medias in each poster that I created this raging from collage, hand painted typography, bitmapping images and digital type. I choose newspaper to print on because I think it compliments the textures and roughness of the piece. It adds that additional layer of a time stamp which I think gives the character it has.”
You can follow the work of Will on his Instagram: @obrien.arts